TOLL FREE 1.866.703.3873
Serving Northern California
Caring Choices – Chico, CA
Social Worker/Disaster Case Manager
Caring Choices is a local non-profit looking for a full-time Social Worker Case Manager to add to our team. This individual will perform outreach, disaster case management, and disaster resource education to individuals and families impacted by the 2018 Camp Fire in Butte County. This position will assist in linking individuals that have been impacted by the disaster to local resources in the communities in which they live, both locally and nationally. This individual will also participate in local disaster case management meetings via Camp Fire Long Term Recovery (CFLTRG), community groups, events and functions related to disaster relief efforts. This individual will be expected to make home and off-site visits as needed to reach clients.
Job Qualifications and Experience:
· Experience in working with the community (knowledge of disaster relief, case management a plus)
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate with local agencies and resources in efforts to achieve survivors’ individual recovery goals.
· Willingness to attend training related to case management, trauma-informed practices and mitigating exposure to secondary trauma.
· Prefer social service, health education, community health outreach worker background.
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, and Sociology preferred but not required.
· BSW/MSW interns working towards Masters welcome. (Supervision available on a case by case basis)
· Current California Driver’s License required.
· Current Automobile Insurance required.
· Be able to produce a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) print out prior to being hired
· Reliable vehicle for weekly travel
· Current CPR certification and/or ability to obtain certification.
· Basic computer/typing skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse interdisciplinary team of health and social service professionals.
· Ability to establish report, trust, and boundaries with survivors and their families.
· Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, or their designee, will perform intake and assessment of disaster survivors for the program.
· Will collaborate with survivors and/or families to identify short and long term goals for recovery
· Identify and respond appropriately to the emotional, mental and psychological needs of clients and/or their families.
· Provide appropriate referrals for financial assistance, assistance with rebuilding and/or other resources that will assist clients in obtaining their recovery goals.
· Use appropriate tracking and database systems to record cases and progress notes.
· Maintain client confidentiality and privacy at all times.
· Participate in required case conferences (both agency and inter-agency meetings)
Interested? Please send a cover letter and resume to Eileen Valenzuela HR Director at Caring Choices 1398 Ridgewood Drive, Chico 95973 phone: 530-899-3873; Fax: 530-487-8585 or go to our web site and download an application www.caring-choices.org EOE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $23.00 /hour